The Presentation Sisters were welcomed into the emerging community of St. Anthony’s on Presentation Day 1954. The Sisters arrival was preceded by a strong sense of family spirit and community involvement in building a convent for their accommodation, much of which was accomplished through weekend working bees. They had been invited to start up a school to cater for the educational and spiritual needs of the children of the growing suburb. In the same year, the Foundation Stone for the school was laid on 21 November and the first classroom was ready for use by February 1955. By the end of the first year the student population was 116.
The Presentation Sisters administered the school until 1985 when the first lay principal was appointed. The Presentation sisters withdrew from teaching in the school at the end of 1997.
A professional and committed lay staff now staffs the school. The charism of the Presentation Sisters still exits today supported by an active parish faith community.